Re: [syzbot] [ntfs3?] WARNING in do_symlinkat

From: Aleksandr Nogikh
Date: Thu May 25 2023 - 06:01:30 EST

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 12:29 AM syzbot
<syzbot+e78eab0c1cf4649256ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> syzbot suspects this issue was fixed by commit:
>
> commit 267a36ba30a7425ad59d20e7e7e33bbdcc9cfb0a
> Author: Konstantin Komarov <almaz.alexandrovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon Jan 16 08:52:10 2023 +0000
>
> fs/ntfs3: Remove noacsrules
>
> bisection log: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=15fdf761280000
> start commit: ec35307e18ba Merge tag 'drm-fixes-2023-02-17' of git://ano..
> git tree: upstream
> kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=5f0b8e3df6f76ec
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=e78eab0c1cf4649256ed
> syz repro: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=12570890c80000
> C reproducer: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=14523acf480000
>
> If the result looks correct, please mark the issue as fixed by replying with:
>
> #syz fix: fs/ntfs3: Remove noacsrules

This commit definitely removes one of the options used by the
reproducer, though at least from the stack trace it's not clear
whether the problem was in noacsrules or we're just now not mounting
the image because of invalid mount options.

Anyway, let's close the bug, it will reappear on syzbot if it's not fixed.