[bpf?] [net?] Questions about the impact of ebpf sockmap/redirection on socket performance improvement

From: kongweibin
Date: Thu May 25 2023 - 10:38:42 EST

I'm using ebpf sockmap/redirection to bypass the TCP/IP stack to improve
socket communication performance (throughput, latency) between different
PODs on the same machine. As concurrent connections or payloads increase,
there may be unconspicuous performance improvement or even performance
degradation compared to the TCP/IP stack. I have retrieved some performance
data, but it does not seem to involve high concurrency and high payloads,
I would like to know if community have conducted relevant tests on these
scenarios and have any opinions on the poor performance improvement in these
scenarios.