Re: [GIT PULL] bcachefs

From: Kent Overstreet
Date: Mon Jun 26 2023 - 20:12:13 EST

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 05:11:29PM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > (Worth noting the bug causing the most test failures by a wide margin is
> > actually an io_uring bug that causes random umount failures in shutdown
> > tests. Would be great to get that looked at, it doesn't just affect
> > bcachefs).
>
> Maybe if you had told someone about that it could get looked at?

I'm more likely to report bugs to people who have a history of being
responsive...

> What is the test case and what is going wrong?

Example: https://evilpiepirate.org/~testdashboard/c/82973f03c0683f7ecebe14dfaa2c3c9989dd29fc/xfstests.generic.388/log.br

I haven't personally seen it on xfs - Darrick knew something about it
but he's on vacation. If I track down a reproducer on xfs I'll let you
know.

If you're wanting to dig into it on bcachefs, ktest is pretty easy to
get going: https://evilpiepirate.org/git/ktest.git

$ ~/ktest/root_image create
# from your kernel tree:
$ ~/ktest/build-test-kernel run -ILP ~/ktest/tests/bcachefs/xfstests.ktest/generic/388

I have some debug code I can give you from when I was tracing it through
the mount path, I still have to find or recreate the part that tracked
it down to io_uring...