Re: + mm-page_alloc-use-write_seqlock_irqsave-instead-write_seqlock-local_irq_save.patch added to mm-unstable branch

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Mon Jul 03 2023 - 04:01:13 EST

On Mon 03-07-23 09:09:46, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Nacked-by: Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> because of https://lkml.kernel.org/r/a1c559b7-335e-5401-d167-301c5b1cd312@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

This is not really productive approach! You are rising non-material
concerns you haven't proven to be real. This is blocking otherwise
useful fix. I am completely fine recording your nack with a reference to
your concern should we ever trip over your concerns and so we can easily
revert and find a different solution but I do not believe this should
stand in the way in the fix.

Now concerning the patch 1 in the series, I do agree this should be
passing through the lockdep maintainers. But this fix is not really
dependent on it.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs