Re: net: macb: sparse warning fixes

From: Ben Dooks
Date: Mon Jul 03 2023 - 04:11:08 EST

On 23/06/2023 14:16, Nicolas Ferre wrote:
Hi Ben,

On 22/06/2023 at 15:05, Ben Dooks wrote:
These are 3 hopefully easy patches for fixing sparse errors due to
endian-ness warnings. There are still some left, but there are not
as easy as they mix host and network fields together.

For example, gem_prog_cmp_regs() has two u32 variables that it does
bitfield manipulation on for the tcp ports and these are __be16 into
u32, so not sure how these are meant to be changed. I've also no hardware
to test on, so even if these did get changed then I can't check if it is
working pre/post change.

Do you know if there could be any impact on performance (even if limited)?

There shouldn't be, these are either constants so should be compile time
sorted or they are just using the swap code the wrong way round... same
values, just the wrong endian markers going in/out.

The only device with a macb I've got is an unmatched, so don't even know
if I can test any of this.

The filter code I would like to get some feedback on, as I didn't want
to do any modifications without being able to test.

Best regards,
  Nicolas

Also gem_writel and gem_writel_n, it is not clear if both of these are
meant to be host order or not.

Ben Dooks (3):
   net: macb: check constant to define and fix __be32 warnings
   net: macb: add port constant to fix __be16 warnings
   net: macb: fix __be32 warnings in debug code

  drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb_main.c | 25 +++++++++++++-----------

Ben Dooks http://www.codethink.co.uk/
Senior Engineer Codethink - Providing Genius

https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html