Re: [GIT PULL] bcachefs

From: Christian Brauner
Date: Fri Jul 07 2023 - 04:49:07 EST

> just merge it and let's move on to the next thing."

"and let the block and vfs maintainers and developers deal with the fallout"

is how that reads to others that deal with 65+ filesystems and counting.

The offlist thread that was started by Kent before this pr was sent has
seen people try to outline calmly what problems they currently still
have both maintenance wise and upstreaming wise. And it seems there's
just no way this can go over calmly but instead requires massive amounts
of defensive pushback and grandstanding.

Our main task here is to consider the concerns of people that constantly
review and rework massive amounts of generic code. And I can't in good
conscience see their concerns dismissed with snappy quotes.

I understand the impatience, I understand the excitement, I really do.
But not in this way where core people just drop off because they don't
want to deal with this anymore.

I've spent enough time on this thread.