Re: [patch V2 50/58] x86/apic: Provide common init infrastructure

From: Juergen Gross
Date: Tue Aug 01 2023 - 02:49:33 EST

On 01.08.23 08:41, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Mon, Jul 31 2023 at 17:48, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

On Mon, Jul 31 2023 at 15:10, Juergen Gross wrote:
On 31.07.23 15:01, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
apic_driver(xen_pv_apic);

I wonder whether this explicit install is actually needed at all.
Shouldn't the driver be installed via the APIC probing mechanism
automagically?

Only in case x86_init.irq.intr_mode_init is set appropriately. Today it is
a nop for Xen PV, but that can be changed. I'll have a look.

You could simply set that callback to default_setup_apic_routing() and
be done with it.

Doesn't work because XEN overrides it already. So sure, lets just go

It is overriding it with x86_init_noop().

with the solution you proposed. One more ugly or less in XEN/PV does not
really matter much :)

Let me grab this and put it into the right position in the queue.

Wait a few minutes, please. I'm just about to test your suggestion.

Juergen