Re: XFS metadata CRC errors on zram block device on ppc64le architecture

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2023 - 12:28:33 EST

[CCing Linus and the regressions list; fwiw, initial report is here:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/b2d40565-7868-ba15-4bb1-fca6f0df076b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
]

On 04.08.23 05:25, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:

>>> For Fedora the configuration is to enable 64k pages with CONFIG_PPC_64K_PAGES=y
>>> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel/blob/064c1675a16b4d379b42ab6c3397632ca54ad897/f/kernel-ppc64le-fedora.config#_4791
>>>
>>> I used the same configuration when running the git bisect.
>>
>> Naive question from my side: would this be a candidate for reverting while we investigate the root cause?
>
> That's certainly a possible solution.
>
> But I don't quite understand why af8b04c63708 doesn't work.

Seems Christoph and Hannes (thx to both of you) got a bit closer to
that, but as this apparently is causing data corruption and we are close
to -rc5 I'd like to bring the following up now, as it gets harder to
discuss these things on weekends:

Should Linus revert the culprit for -rc5 if no fix is found within the
next 48 hours?

Ciao, Thorsten