Re: Fwd: CFI violation when reading amd_pstate/status

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Mon Aug 07 2023 - 02:40:01 EST

On Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 08:21:37AM +0200, Jannik Glückert wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> our kernel uses the Fedora config and has a homeopathic patchset on
> top of upstream - see
> https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/linux-patches.git/tree/?h=6.4 except
> the 50** patches.
> Namely we don't touch cpufreq or pm.
>
> > Comm: cat Tainted: P
>
> I am not using any out of tree modules, the kernel switches to
> Tainted: P on the first CFI violation.

Ah, ok. Then work with the amd_pstate driver authors on this, odds are
one of the sysfs callbacks is incorrectly created which is quite easy to
do for stuff like this. CFI also gets confused at times when dealing
with sysfs attributes due to them being cast in all sorts of crazy ways.

good luck!

greg k-h