Re: "Use slab_build_skb() instead" deprecation warning triggered by tg3

From: Bagas Sanjaya
Date: Fri Aug 18 2023 - 07:14:24 EST

On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 10:05:11AM +0200, Fiona Ebner wrote:
> Hi,
> we've got a user report about the WARN_ONCE introduced by ce098da1497c
> ("skbuff: Introduce slab_build_skb()") [0]. The stack trace indicates
> that the call comes from the tg3 module. While this is still kernel 6.2
> and I can't verify that the issue is still there with newer kernels, I
> don't see related changes in drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/tg3.* after
> ce098da1497c, so I thought I should let you know.

Thanks for the regression report. I'm adding it to regzbot:

#regzbot ^introduced: ce098da1497c6d
#regzbot link: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/132338/

PS: The proxmox forum link (except full dmesg log pasted there) is in
German, so someone fluent in the language can be helpful here.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara