Re: Linux 6.5 speed regression, boot VERY slow with anything systemd related

From: Marc Haber
Date: Tue Aug 29 2023 - 16:01:48 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 10:14:23AM -0700, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2023, Marc Haber wrote:
> > Both come from virt-manager, so if the XML helps more, I'll happy to
> > post that as well.
>
> Those command lines are quite different, e.g. the Intel one has two
> serial ports versus one for the AMD VM.

Indeed? I virt-manager, I don't see a second serial port. In either case,
only the one showing up in the VM as ttyS0 is being used. But thanks for
making me look, I discovered that the machine on the Intel host still
used emulated SCSI instead of VirtIO für the main disk. I changed that.

>Unless Tony jumps in with an
> idea, I would try massaging either the good or bad VM's QEMU
> invocation, e.g. see if you can get the AMD VM to "pass" by pulling in
> stuff from the Intel VM, or get the Intel VM to fail by making its
> command line look more like the AMD VM.

In Virt-Manager, both machines don't look THAT different tbh. I verified
the XML and the differences are not big at all.

Do you want me to try different vCPU types? Currently the VM is set to
"Opteron_G3", would you recommend a different vCPU for the host having a
"AMD GX-412TC SOC" host CPU?

Greetings
Marc

Marc Haber | "I don't trust Computers. They | Mailadresse im Header
Leimen, Germany | lose things." Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 6224 1600402
Nordisch by Nature | How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 6224 1600421