Re: [GIT PULL] ARM: SoC/genpd driver updates for v6.6

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Aug 29 2023 - 21:21:32 EST

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 at 17:48, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about moving it to drivers/power/domain/ instead?

That sounds like a sensible name and would seem to fit logically with
our existing tree structure quite well.

> I don't think we can easily rename the interfaces that have been
> in use for the past 12 years

I actually think the interface names are much less of an issue, since
anybody using them is presumably familiar with the naming.

It was only with the directory structure that I reacted to it, because
that kind of exposes the naming to people who definitely are *not*
familiar with it (ie me, but presumably anybody else who sees the
diffstats etc fly past).

And yes, we have a number of other pretty obscure driver names in our
tree (I end up having to remind myself what "ntb" and "hsi" etc mean),
and I don't tend to love them either, but at least they tend to be
industry / vendor names.

Linus