Re: [GIT PULL] final round of SCSI updates for the 6.5+ merge window

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Sep 09 2023 - 15:10:14 EST

On Sat, 9 Sept 2023 at 07:47, James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mostly small stragglers that missed the initial merge. Driver updates
> are qla2xxx [..]

That's not even remotely a "small straggler". That's a thousand lines
of new code.

I've pulled this, but I'm not going to keep playing these games.
Getting pull requests with big changes in the last day before I close
the merge window is simply not ok.

The two weeks are for integrations, not for "we put them in the tree
at the last minute before the merge window, and needed the merge
window time to just have them actually get tested in linux-next".

And actively misleading pull requests only piss me off. I look at the
diffstat, stop trying to minimize or hide big last-minute changes.

Linus