Re: Possible nvme regression in 6.4.11

From: Augusto Zanellato
Date: Mon Sep 11 2023 - 17:28:23 EST

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the issue described in this thread, just wanted to chime in with regards to

Anyway, 6.4.y will likely be EOL in a week or two. Which bears the
question: are 6.5.y and 6.6-rc1 working better for you?

I can confirm that the issue is still happening and preventing correct boot on both 6.5.2 (Arch Linux package version 6.5.2.arch1-1) and on 6.6-rc1 (Arch Linux package linux-mainline built from AUR).

For reference: the affected machine is a Dell XPS 15 9560 with the latest firmware revision (1.31.0) as of time of writing this email, the NVMe drive is a Sabrent Rocket4 1TB drive, but the issue also happens with the OEM provided Toshiba XG4.

Thanks,

Augusto

PS: it's my first time here in LKML, feel free to tell me if I did anything wrong :)