Re: [GIT PULL] tpmdd changes for v6.6-rc2

From: Jarkko Sakkinen
Date: Thu Sep 14 2023 - 17:18:37 EST

On Fri Sep 15, 2023 at 12:05 AM EEST, Justin Forbes wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 4:02 PM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 13 Sept 2023 at 12:32, Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, I'll make something more reasonable.
> >
> > Well, I took the pull already, just saying "tpm fix".
> >
> > I assume the only thing the typo actually causes is printk's with a
> > typo in it. Maybe some sysfs name will be wrong?
> >
> > That's the kind of information I would have _liked_ to see in the
> > merge message, but I didn't then delve into just where the class names
> > might actually be used.
>
> Sorry, I should have been more clear. The typo causes misnamed sysfs
> files, which breaks some userspace tools.

Ya, I got a bit confused because I assumed that the original change was
coming from my tree at first, and was wondering how could possibly my
QA process did not catch it. Should have checked in detail and wrote a
better description to the pull request. All in all, great that the issue
was catched before the release :-)

In future I suggest to run always the tpm2 test from kselftest's for any
TPM patch. It would have catched the bug early on.

BR, Jarkko