Re: [RFC 2/2] iio: imu: Add driver for BMI323 IMU

From: Jagath Jog J
Date: Thu Sep 28 2023 - 14:19:19 EST

Hi Uwe Kleine-König,

On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 3:27 PM Uwe Kleine-König
<u.kleine-koenig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 01:33:14PM +0530, Jagath Jog J wrote:
> > The Bosch BMI323 is a 6-axis low-power IMU that provide measurements for
> > acceleration, angular rate, and temperature. This sensor includes
> > motion-triggered interrupt features, such as a step counter, tap detection,
> > and activity/inactivity interrupt capabilities.
> >
> > The driver supports various functionalities, including data ready, FIFO
> > data handling, and events such as tap detection, step counting, and
> > activity interrupts
> >
> > Datasheet: https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/media/boschsensortec/downloads/datasheets/bst-bmi323-ds000.pdf
>
> Maybe put this link better in the driver.

Yes, if there are multiple commits on the driver, the datasheet
link will move further down with the initial commit. I will add
datasheet link in the driver.

> > +static struct i2c_driver bmi323_i2c_driver = {
> > + .driver = {
> > + .name = "bmi323",
> > + .of_match_table = bmi323_of_i2c_match,
> > + },
> > + .probe_new = bmi323_i2c_probe,
> > + .id_table = bmi323_i2c_ids,
> > +};
> > +module_i2c_driver(bmi323_i2c_driver);
>
> If you want to compile this driver after v6.6-rc2 (which includes
> commit 5eb1e6e459cf ("i2c: Drop legacy callback .probe_new()")) better
> use .probe here instead of .probe_new().

Thanks for pointing it out.
I switched to v6.6-rc3 and I will change to .probe.

Regards
Jagath

Jagath