Re: Fwd: kernel tried to execute NX-protected page - exploit attempt? (uid: 0) (qbittorrent with tx-nocache-copy)

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2023 - 08:32:50 EST

On 24.10.23 11:25, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 10:53 AM Bagas Sanjaya <bagasdotme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 24/10/2023 15:15, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
>>>
>>> I notice a regression report on Bugzilla [1]. Quoting from it:
>>[...]
>> Thanks.
>
> This has been fixed already two weeks ago.
>
> commit 71c299c711d1f44f0bf04f1fea66baad565240f1

Eric, thx for letting us know!

#regzbot fix: 71c299c711d1f44f0

Bagas, maybe in a case like this wait with forwarding the report until
the reporter confirmed that the bug happens with a really fresh kernel.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.