[rft, PATCH v2 0/7] drm/i915/dsi: 2nd attempt to get rid of IOSF GPIO

From: Andy Shevchenko
Date: Tue Oct 24 2023 - 12:09:18 EST

DSI code for VBT has a set of ugly GPIO hacks, one of which is direct
talking to GPIO IP behind the actual driver's back. A second attempt
to fix that is here.

If I understood correctly, my approach should work in the similar way as
the current IOSF GPIO.

Hans, I believe you have some devices that use this piece of code,
is it possible to give a test run on (one of) them?

In v2:
- added a few cleanup patches
- reworked to use dynamic GPIO lookup tables
- converted CHV as well

Andy Shevchenko (7):
drm/i915/dsi: Replace while(1) with one with clear exit condition
drm/i915/dsi: Get rid of redundant 'else'
drm/i915/dsi: Replace check with a (missing) MIPI sequence name
drm/i915/dsi: Extract common soc_gpio_exec() helper
drm/i915/dsi: Replace poking of VLV GPIOs behind the driver's back
drm/i915/dsi: Replace poking of CHV GPIOs behind the driver's back
drm/i915/iosf: Drop unused APIs

drivers/gpu/drm/i915/display/intel_dsi_vbt.c | 260 +++++++------------
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/vlv_sideband.c | 17 --
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/vlv_sideband.h | 3 -

2.40.0.1.gaa8946217a0b