Re: [kvm-unit-tests Patch 0/5] Fix PMU test failures on Sapphire Rapids

From: Mingwei Zhang
Date: Wed Oct 25 2023 - 19:47:10 EST

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023, Dapeng Mi wrote:
> When running pmu test on Intel Sapphire Rapids, we found several
> failures are encountered, such as "llc misses" failure, "all counters"
> failure and "fixed counter 3" failure.

hmm, I have tested your series on a SPR machine. It looks like, all "llc
misses" already pass on my side. "all counters" always fail with/without
your patches. "fixed counter 3" never exists... I have "fixed
cntr-{0,1,2}" and "fixed-{0,1,2}"

You may want to double check the requirements of your series. Not just
under your setting without explainning those setting in detail.

Maybe what I am missing is your topdown series? So, before your topdown
series checked in. I don't see value in this series.

Thanks.
-Mingwei