Re: the nul-terminated string helper desk chair rearrangement

From: James Bottomley
Date: Thu Oct 26 2023 - 10:27:57 EST

On Thu, 2023-10-26 at 15:44 +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> I found that https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux

That's a 404, I think you mean

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source

>  is the best way to find Documentation for functions and structures.
> I would suggest try it first, and only when what fails to start using
> grep.

I just tried it with system_state and it doesn't even find the
definition. I think it might be because it has annotations which
confuse the searcher (it's in init/main.c as

enum system_states system_state __read_mostly;

). If there's any meaningful doc about it, elixir also doesn't find
it.

James