Re: [RESEND v2 1/2] dt-bindings: w1: Add YAML DT schema for AMD AXI w1 host and MAINTAINERS entry

From: Kris Chaplin
Date: Mon Oct 30 2023 - 11:52:26 EST

Hi Rob,

On 30/10/2023 15:40, Rob Herring wrote:
Is there a device side implementation? I can't really imagine that
1-wire would ever be implemented as firmware on the device side given
its limited nature. So adding 'host' doesn't make this any more
specific.

There are slave drivers as well as master, although these do not have a device tree binding.

The IP device from AMD is called "axi_1wire_host", and so we are hoping to stick with this binding if appropriate as it relates to the IP name.

Regards,
Kris