Re: [v3 2/3] mm: Defer TLB flush by keeping both src and dst folios at migration

From: Nadav Amit
Date: Mon Oct 30 2023 - 11:58:57 EST

> On Oct 30, 2023, at 2:51 PM, Byungchul Park <byungchul@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I really spent a lot of time hesitating whether splitting it or not.
> However, the test result cannot be stable without those. I'm still
> confused. I think the test result should be stable at each commit,
> right?

Of course. You can extract the optimization we mentioned, and perhaps
have more preparatory patches.

Just a couple of comments that may also help breaking the patches:

1. The “stopping” logic is a bit not great. Try to see if you can
somehow use shrinker or OOM infrastructure instead.

2. Regarding “overflows”, it’s not always a question of whether an
overflow would happen naturally, but whether a malicious process can
trigger it.

Regards,
Nadav