Re: [REGRESSION] Bluetooth is not working on Macs with BCM4377 chip starting from kernel 6.5

From: Hector Martin
Date: Tue Nov 14 2023 - 02:58:48 EST

On 14/11/2023 15.59, Hector Martin wrote:
> On 14/11/2023 15.23, Aditya Garg wrote:

>>> Can you bisect this regression please?
>>
>> Since I don't have access to this hardware, it's not possible for me to bisect this regression. Let's hope someone is able to do so though.
>
> It's not a regression, it was always broken. I'm sending a patch.
>
> - Hector

You are quite likely conflating two problems. The ubsan issue you quoted
was always there and the patch I just sent fixes it, but it almost
certainly always worked fine in practice without ubsan.

The Bluetooth problem you are referring to is likely *specific to
Bluetooth LE devices* and the regression was introduced by 288c90224e
and fixed by 41e9cdea9c, which is also in 6.5.11 and 6.6.1.

If Bluetooth is broken in *some other way* in 6.6.1 then we need a
proper report or a bisect. Your logs don't show any issues other than
the ubsan noise, which is not a regression.

- Hector