Teo En Ming has just discovered that the latest Sophos Firewall SFOS version 20.0.0 GA-Build222 is running on Linux kernel 4.14.302

From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Date: Thu Nov 16 2023 - 09:20:14 EST

Subject: Teo En Ming has just discovered that the latest Sophos Firewall SFOS version 20.0.0 GA-Build222 is running on Linux kernel 4.14.302

Good day from Singapore,

I have just discovered that the latest Sophos Firewall SFOS version 20.0.0 GA-Build222 is running on Linux kernel 4.14.302.

# uname -a
Linux localhost 4.14.302 #2 SMP Wed Nov 1 07:16:58 UTC 2023 x86_64 GNU/Linux

However, I do not know which Linux distro Sophos Firewall is based on. When I run the Linux command "cat /etc/lsb-release", the output is
DISTRIB_ID=Sophos Firewall

Hence I do not know which Linux distro the Sophos Firewall is based on.

Additionally, Sophos Firewall is also using the open source Snort Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) by Cisco. I saw the directory snort inside /etc/ when I am inside the terminal.

I simply love Linux and open source! Billions of network security appliances and networking devices are based on Linux.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
GIMP also stands for Government-Induced Medical Problems.
16 Nov 2023 Thursday Singapore Time

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.