No care given to GDB scripts..

From: Florian Fainelli
Date: Wed Nov 29 2023 - 17:48:12 EST

Hello,

It is quite clear that there are zero cares being given to making sure that GDB scripts continue to work after making changes to core kernel code, and why would you, because you probably did not know those existed, but they do and they are used, and useful.

A recent example that was fixed by Kuan-Ying is this:

and now of course, "lx-interupts" also stopped working altogether after this change:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/20230519134902.1495562-4-sdonthineni@xxxxxxxxxx

and who knows what else I could not test that is also broken.

We really need to find a better way to stop breaking GDB scripts, they break way too often to be even remotely usable, and this is really sad.

It is also quite clear that we do not have enough continuous integration and regression testing to ensure those breakages are caught ahead of time...

</rant>
--
Florian