Re: Fwd: Thinkpad X13 AMD: Problems with external monitor wake up after suspend

From: Oliver Schmidt
Date: Fri Dec 01 2023 - 14:15:55 EST

On 01.12.23 12:37, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Maybe one of the developers among the recipients has a idea. Oliver, but
> if none of them replies any time soon, it would be best if you'd check
> if 6.6 (and/or 6.7-rc) is affected as well; and if reverting it there
> fixes it, too.

OK, I checked it: compiled a 6.6.3 kernel and got the same suspend-resume
problem as with the 6.1.57 and 6.1.64 kernels. I also was able to revert the
changes of commit ec5fa9 "drm/amd/display: Adjust the MST resume flow" in the
6.6.3 kernel and the problem was solved as in the 6.1.x kernels (however it
seems that resuming with the 6.6 kernel needs a little more time until the
monitor gets signal).

Best regards,
Oliver