Re: Regression: Inoperative bluetooth, Intel chipset, mainline kernel 6.6.2+

From: Kris Karas (Bug Reporting)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2023 - 13:46:44 EST

[ Replying to both Oleksandr and Basavaraj ]

Oleksandr Natalenko wrote:
Does passing `btusb.enable_autosuspend=N` via a kernel cmdline help? [1]

Yes, this works around the problem. Should be a good short-term solution for those folks who need to wait for distro kernels to catch up. Thanks.

Basavaraj Natikar wrote:
Can we enable RPM on specific controllers for AMD xHC 1.1
instead to cover all AMD xHC 1.1?
Please find below the proposed changes and let me know if it is OK?

sorry its pdev->device == 0x43f7

Thanks, Basavaraj! Yes, this fixes the problem on my hardware (by making application of PM more selective). Running successfully at the moment using your (pdev->device amended) patch.

Kris