Linux kernel 4.14.302 cannot support and cannot detect Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V 2.5 Gbps network interface cards

From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Date: Wed Dec 06 2023 - 10:06:30 EST

Subject: Linux kernel 4.14.302 cannot support and cannot detect Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V 2.5 Gbps network interface cards

Good day from Singapore,

Recently I was trying to install the latest Sophos Firewall SFOS version 20.0.0 GA-Build222 on my shiny brand new SGD$222 Intel Celeron J4125 firewall hardware appliance. Sophos Firewall SFOS version 20.0.0 GA-Build222 has Linux kernel 4.14.302. Unfortunately, it cannot support and cannot detect Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V 2.5 Gbps network interface cards at all.

May I know what is the minimum Linux kernel version that will support and detect Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V 2.5 Gbps network interface cards?

I need this information so that I can feedback to and request Sophos to upgrade their Linux kernel in the next release of Sophos XG Firewall to support Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V 2.5 Gbps network interface cards.

Many of the newer generation firewall hardware appliances come with 2.5 Gbps network cards and I need this support in the Linux kernel.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
GIMP also stands for Government-Induced Medical Problems.
6 Dec 2023 Wednesday 11.04 PM

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.