Re: [syzbot] [arm?] WARNING in do_sve_acc

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed Jan 03 2024 - 13:24:55 EST

On Wed, Jan 03, 2024 at 06:05:49PM +0000, Will Deacon wrote:
> [+Broonie and Mark R as I'm sure we've seen this one before, possibly
> in a report from Naresh? Was it a QEMU issue?]

It's been reported by the LKFT people, but it occurs with *extremely*
low frequency, there's no reproducer and nothing showed up from code
inspection by myself and Mark. The reports suggest it's been there
since ~v5.15 (that's the oldest stable it was seen in and Linaro do
still cover older), though Linaro's reports were conflating multiple
potentially related symptoms so it's a little unclear what exactly was
seen in what version.

I suspect to the extent it's qemu it's just that that's mostly where
people are exercising SVE. This was shown with a userspace with SVE
usage in glibc, I *think* that upgrading to a similar glibc version was
what started Linaro seeing things too based on the release dates for the
particular stable versions they mentioned but didn't get them to confirm
yet.

I *might've* been able to show something with current code just before
Christmas but the symptoms are a bit different, I was going to start
looking when I get back.

> > Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

Indeed...