Re: [GIT PULL] first round of SCSI updates for the 6.7+ merge window

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jan 11 2024 - 17:36:39 EST

On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 at 12:48, James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git scsi-misc

Ok, I note that this has been signed with ECDSA key
E76040DB76CA3D176708F9AAE742C94CEE98AC85, and while it is currently
available and up-to-date at kernel.org, it shows as

sub nistp256 2018-01-23 [S] [expires: 2024-01-16]
E76040DB76CA3D176708F9AAE742C94CEE98AC85

note that expiration date: it's three days in the future.

Can I please ask you for the umpteenth time to STOP DICKING AROUND
WITH SHORT EXPIRATION DATES!

The pgp keyservers work *so* badly these days that refreshing keys is
a joke. The whole expiration date thing has always been a bad joke,
and only makes pgp an even worse UX than it already is (and damn,
that's saying a lot - pgp is some nasty stuff).

When you make a new key, or when you extend the expiration date, do it
properly. Give ita lifetime that is a big fraction of a decade. Or
two.

Because your keys constantly end up being expired, and they are making
the experience of pulling from you a pain - because I actually *check*
the keys.

Stop making a bad pgp experience even worse - for no reason and
absolutely zero upside.

Linus