Re: This is the fourth time I’ve tried to find what led to the regression of outgoing network speed and each time I find the merge commit 8c94ccc7cd691472461448f98e2372c75849406c

From: Linux regression tracking #adding (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2024 - 01:48:36 EST

On 03.02.24 02:02, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to find the first bad commit that led to a decreased
> network outgoing speed.
> And every time I come to a huge merge [Merge tag 'usb-6.8-rc1' of
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb]
> I have already triple-checked all my answers and speed measurements.
> I don't understand where I'm making a mistake.

To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the cracks unnoticed, I'm
adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced f977f4c9301c
#regzbot title irq/net/usb: performance decrease now that network device
and xhci share IRQs
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.