Re: Linux regressions report for mainline [2024-02-25]

From: Johan Hovold
Date: Tue Feb 27 2024 - 05:20:54 EST

On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 01:21:46PM +0000, Regzbot (on behalf of Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:

> Johan Hovold also deals with multiple issues affecting Lenovo ThinkPad
> X13s, but he send out patch series to fix some or all of those[1], so
> with a bit of luck those issues will soon be fixed as well.
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/ZctVmLK4zTwcpW3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

> [1]
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240217150228.5788-1-johan+linaro@xxxxxxxxxx/

This series addresses a use-after-free in the PMIC glink driver caused
by DRM bridge changes in rc1 and which can result in the internal
display not showing up on boot.

The DRM/SoC fixes here have now been merged to drm-misc for 6.8.

> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240223152124.20042-1-johan+linaro@xxxxxxxxxx/

This series is unrelated to the DRM regressions and deals with PCIe ASPM
issues.

> [ *NEW* ] drm/msm/dp: runtime PM cause internal eDP display on the Lenovo ThinkPad X13s to not always show up on boot (2/2 regressions)
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/regzbot/regression/lore/faad839a-4c28-449f-bd87-845b47a1a6a1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> https://lore.kernel.org/regressions/faad839a-4c28-449f-bd87-845b47a1a6a1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>
> By Johan Hovold; 2 days ago; 5 activities, latest 2 days ago.
> Introduced in 5814b8bf086a (v6.8-rc1)

> Noteworthy links:
> * drm/msm: Second DisplayPort regression in 6.8-rc1
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/ZdMwZa98L23mu3u6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> 6 days ago, by Johan Hovold; thread monitored.

This regression is the most severe one as it triggers hard resets on
boot occasionally (I just tried updating the regzbot title).

This turned out to be due to a long-standing issue in a Qualcomm PM
domain driver. Bjorn A posted a fix over night which addresses this:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-msm/20240226-rpmhpd-enable-corner-fix-v1-1-68c004cec48c@xxxxxxxxxxx/T/#u

But also with these fixes, there are still a couple of regressions
related to the Qualcomm DRM runtime PM rework in 6.8-rc1. I'll send
separate reports to track those.

Johan