Re: bcachefs: do not run 6.7: upgrade to 6.8 immediately if you have a multi device fs

From: Martin Steigerwald
Date: Sat Mar 16 2024 - 12:18:44 EST

Kent Overstreet - 15.03.24, 18:57:51 CET:
> > I take it that single device BCacheFS filesystems can be upgraded just
> > fine?
> >
> > I can also recreate and repopulate once I upgraded to 6.8. Still
> > waiting a bit.
>
> No need to recreate and repopulate - you just don't want to be going
> back to 6.7 from a newer version.

Unfortunately I need to do exactly that, as 6.8.1 breaks hibernation on
ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 1:

[regression] 6.8.1: fails to hibernate with
pm_runtime_force_suspend+0x0/0x120 returns -16

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pm/12401263.O9o76ZdvQC@xxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#t

No luck with kernel upgrades these days. :(

I will backup the test filesystem so in case something breaks I can
recreate and repopulate it again. Downgrading to 6.7.10 then and will see
what happens. Can repopulate from backup again if need be. Also when
upgrading to 6.8 again after the regression has been fixed.

Best,
--
Martin