Re: Problems with csum_partial with misaligned buffers on sh4 platform

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Mar 18 2024 - 11:32:24 EST

On 3/18/24 08:04, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
On 11.03.24 18:04, Guenter Roeck wrote:
On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 07:12:39AM -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:

when running checksum unit tests on sh4 qemu emulations, I get the following
errors.

Adding to regression tracker.

#regzbot ^introduced cadc4e1a2b4d2

Hmmm, thx for that, but well, I'm a bit taken back and forth here. That
commit afaics is from v3.0-rc1 and Linus iirc at least once said
something along the lines of "a regression only reported after a long
time at some point becomes just a bug". I'd say that applies there,
which is why I'm wondering if tracking this really is worth it.

Not my call to make. I'll keep in mind to not add "bugs" to the regression
tracker in the future. Feel free to drop.

For my understanding, what is "a long time" ?

Thanks,
Guenter