Re: [GIT PULL v2] tracing: Updates for v6.9

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Mar 19 2024 - 17:22:52 EST

On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 at 14:03, Nathan Chancellor <nathan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I applied that change and built ARCH=x86_64
> defconfig with LLVM 18.1.1 from [1] but it does not appear to help the
> instances of -Wstring-compare; in fact, it adds some additional warnings
> that I have not seen before. I have attached the full build log.

Hmm. I'm no longer seeing any problems with commit 24f5bb9f24ad
("tracing: Just use strcmp() for testing __string() and __assign_str()
match").

But that's clang 17.0.6.

The patch that Steven sent out (and that I applied) is a bit different
from his "I'll change it to this" email, though. A couple of casts and
parentheses different.

So maybe current -git works for you?

Linus