Re: Allmodconfig - logic_outb - Boot Panic

From: Nathan Royce
Date: Mon Apr 01 2024 - 16:47:39 EST

Yup. I just figured linux would gracefully handle these sorts of
issues (eg. notify the caller, for them to handle, or just do
nothing).
"ISAPNP" was one of the small handful of things I had to disable from
"allmodconfig" before I could get it to boot.
The latest (and last) was "DEBUG_TEST_DRIVER_REMOVE". I had to add
"dump_stack()" in "__kernfs_remove"" in "fs/kernfs/dir.c" because I
couldn't understand why I was getting other hardware panics for
hardware that DID exist.
So while I wanted "everything under the sun", which "allmodconfig"
delivered, it also delivered things that simply made booting
impossible.
One other requirement for "allmodconfig" is making sure the FS that
root exists on is enabled ('Y', not 'M') for it (common-sense mention
for anyone searching for "allmodconfig" issues).