Re: 回复:general protection fault in refill_obj_stock

From: Roman Gushchin
Date: Mon Apr 01 2024 - 22:56:51 EST

On Tue, Apr 02, 2024 at 09:50:54AM +0800, Ubisectech Sirius wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 01, 2024 at 03:04:46PM +0800, Ubisectech Sirius wrote:
> > Hello.
> > We are Ubisectech Sirius Team, the vulnerability lab of China ValiantSec. Recently, our team has discovered a issue in Linux kernel 6.7. Attached to the email were a PoC file of the issue.
>
> > Thank you for the report!
>
> > I tried to compile and run your test program for about half an hour
> > on a virtual machine running 6.7 with enabled KASAN, but wasn't able
> > to reproduce the problem.
>
> > Can you, please, share a bit more information? How long does it take
> > to reproduce? Do you mind sharing your kernel config? Is there anything special
> > about your setup? What are exact steps to reproduce the problem?
> > Is this problem reproducible on 6.6?
>
> Hi.
> The .config of linux kernel 6.7 has send to you as attachment.

Thanks!

How long it takes to reproduce a problem? Do you just start your reproducer and wait?

> And The problem is reproducible on 6.6.

Hm, it rules out my recent changes.
Did you try any older kernels? 6.5? 6.0? Did you try to bisect the problem?
If it's fast to reproduce, it might be the best option.

Also, are you running vanilla kernels or you do have some custom changes on top?

Thanks!