Re: [patch 0/2] x86/cpu/amd: Fixup the topology rework fallout

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2024 - 07:37:51 EST

On 11.04.24 13:27, Laura Nao wrote:

> On 4/10/24 21:45, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>> Testing at Collabora unearthed two issues in the new AMD topology parser
>> code:
>>
>> 1) The CPUID 0x80000008 parser initializes the wrong topology domain
>> level.
>>
>> 2) The NODEID_MSR parser uses bitfields in a union wrongly which results
>> in reading out the wrong value and finally in a division by zero.
>>
>> Many thanks to Laura for helping to debug this issue.
>>
>> tglx
>>

> Thanks a lot for investigating and solving the issue!> [...]
>
> The regression was originally reported by KernelCI, so:
>
> Reported-by: "kernelci.org bot" <bot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Tested-by: Laura Nao <laura.nao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'll make sure to update the Regzbot tag when the series is merged.

No need to wait, we can do that now:

#regzbot fix: x86/cpu/amd: Make the NODEID_MSR union actually work

But ideally Thomas would add Link: or Closes: tag to the patch
description (e.g.

Closes:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20240322175210.124416-1-laura.nao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

) just like Linus asked him to do a while ago already[1], as then this
would not be necessary at all. ;) (SCNR)

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAHk-=wjMmSZzMJ3Xnskdg4+GGz=5p5p+GSYyFBTh0f-DgvdBWg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/