Re: ftrace/test_ownership kselftest fails in the second run

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Mon May 20 2024 - 13:53:05 EST

On Tue, 21 May 2024 02:34:50 +0900
Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>

> If I execute test.d/00basic/test_ownership.tc in a row,
> it passes in the first run, and fails in the second run.
>

> I observe this on the Ubuntu 24.04 (6.8 kernel),
> and also on the latest linux-next (next-20240520).
>

> Is this a limitation of the test or a kernel bug?

Hmm, that should have been fixed with this pull request:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=e92b99ae8216dec2566711dae0a9b7b47591e315

Let me know if you have that, and if so, please send me your config.

Oh, and make sure that you have the latest selftests running too.

Thanks,

-- Steve