Re: [regression] suspend stress test stalls within 30 minutes

From: Len Brown
Date: Tue May 21 2024 - 21:53:21 EST

On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 3:00 PM Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > [ 449.061525] rtcwake test 31
> > [ 449.176854] PM: suspend entry (deep)
> > [ 449.179072] Filesystems sync: 0.002 seconds
>
> This means that ksys_sync_helper() has run, so it blocks somewhere in
> enter_state() around suspend_prepare().
>
> Can please echo 1 (as root) to /sys/power/pm_debug_messages and retest?
>
> This should allow us to see more in the log.

also, it would be interesting if you can reproduce with "rtcwake -m
freeze" rather than "-m mem".

For we have a NUC8 like this in our lab, and we gave up on running
ACPI S3 on it a few years ago
because the BIOS just was never that good at ACPI S3. However, it has
been running freeze/s2idle
like a champ, thousands of cycles per week, for years.

Len Brown, Intel