RE: INFO: trying to register non-static key in skb_dequeue

From: Ping-Ke Shih
Date: Wed May 22 2024 - 23:05:40 EST

Shichao Lai <phyhac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Dear maintainer!
> A new bug was found by our modified syzkaller.
>
> Kernel version: v6.9-rc7
> Compiler: gcc 11.4.0
> Reproducer & Kernel: attachment
>
> =============
> usb 2-1: USB disconnect, device number 76
> INFO: trying to register non-static key.
> The code is fine but needs lockdep annotation, or maybe
> you didn't initialize this object before use?
> turning off the locking correctness validator.

I'm not familiar with syzkaller, which seems like to generate a USB pattern
to trigger driver probe, not a real hardware. If my thought is correct,
attachment could be a fix that causes failed to probe device, and then
not execute USB disconnection.

I used your attached linux-v6.9_usb_config to build a kernel, but failed
to run on a real NB. So is it possible to help test my attached patch?
Or, can I use a " #syz test:" command to trigger robot like [1]?

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rdma/3cc9f12a-d680-e05c-72c6-d4cb559fe5ee@xxxxxxxxx/T/#m2d374949d62b017074545c2f2a1df9251e0bde32

Ping-Ke