Re: [v6 17/20] ARM: dts: aspeed: Add IBM Huygens BMC system

From: Al Viro
Date: Thu May 23 2024 - 16:34:10 EST

On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 09:46:48PM +0200, Markus Elfring wrote:
> >> Would you like to mention in the changelog that a hardware description
> >> should be extended anyhow?
> >> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?h=v6.9#n94
> >
> > You are talking absolute crap here. Stop harassing contributors with
> > your inane comments.
>
> Why do you interpret my patch review contributions in this direction
> when the official Linux development documentation provides special advice
> on affected wording details?

Your "contributions" are garbage in general, and this thread is not an exception.
More specifically, you are picking an advice that is inapplicable, transforming
it into a question and "contributing" the result.

And your entire modus operandi fits that pattern - you spew random garbage and
expect the contributors to spend their time and efforts on checking if your
(contents-free) "advice" happens to make any sense.

That. Is. Worthless.

According to people who'd met you in person you *are* a member of our species,
and I can't exclude the possibility that in some other environments you might
be capable of sentience. Unfortunately, the kernel development is clearly
not among those.