Re: CVE-2023-52734: net: sched: sch: Bounds check priority

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Tue May 28 2024 - 15:15:47 EST

On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 09:53:12AM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
> Is this really soemthing that should be getting a CVE assigned?
> First the fix is incomplete - 9cec2aaffe96 ("net: sched: sch: Fix off by one in htb_activate_prios()")

Incomplete fixes are still part of a fix :)

> Second is this even real problem? https://lore.kernel.org/all/Y9V3mBmLUcrEdrTV@pop-os.localdomain/
> suggests it is not.

Ah, good catch, I didn't see that. I'll go revoke this as it's not
doing anything.

> And third, WARN_ONs are considered a real deal by CVE team because
> somebody might be running with panic_on_warn. This patch adds one!

Yes, but if you can't hit that by anything from userspace, it's not an
issue and just dead code. We'll have to wait for a future syzbot report
to prove that wrong :)

thanks for the review!

greg k-h