Re: Intermittent inability to type in graphical Plymouth on UEFI VMs since kernel 6.9

From: Adam Williamson
Date: Wed May 29 2024 - 11:10:07 EST

On 2024-05-29 06:35, Genes Lists wrote:
On Wed, 2024-05-29 at 15:01 +0200, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
Leemhuis) wrote:

    cpu i9-12900K  / Raptor Lake-P [Iris Xe Graphics]

  Sorry, this should be:  13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1360P

Does this happen every boot or only sometimes? Could you maybe upload
the full dmesg from a boot where things worked and one where only the

For me it is every boot - the first few key strokes are accepted but no
asterisks are displayed - and it works fine even though fewer asterisks
are displayed than characters typed.

That sounds different from my case. In openQA (and the one time I saw it live), the keystrokes do not appear to have any effect - no dots are echoed at all, and hitting enter does not submit the passphrase.

I have no idea where to send emails reporting kernel bugs. It's a very difficult world to penetrate if you're not already in it. A proper bug tracker would make things much easier.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA