Re: [syzbot] [net?] INFO: rcu detected stall in packet_release

From: Vladimir Oltean
Date: Wed May 29 2024 - 20:33:46 EST

On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 07:47:45AM +0800, Hillf Danton wrote:
> On Wed, 29 May 2024 16:10:02 -0700
> > syzbot has tested the proposed patch but the reproducer is still triggering an issue:
> > INFO: rcu detected stall in sctp_addr_wq_timeout_handler
>
> Feel free to read again the root cause [1] Vlad.
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240528122610.21393-2-radoslaw.zielonek@xxxxxxxxx/
>
> Adding the tested patch in the net tree now looks like a case of blind landing.

What is the fact that you submitted only my patch 1/2 for syzbot testing
supposed to prove? It is the second patch (2/2) that addresses what has
been reported here; I thought the tags made that clear:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20240527153955.553333-2-vladimir.oltean@xxxxxxx/
Patch 2/2 has patch 1/2 as a dependency, which is why they were
submitted that way.