Re: [QUESTION] mm: Redundant const parameter?

From: Dev Jain
Date: Fri May 31 2024 - 08:24:52 EST

I was just about to hit git send-email for a patch-series of 2, I noticed your reply :)

On 5/31/24 17:47, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
On Fri, May 31, 2024 at 04:42:59PM +0530, Dev Jain wrote:
Hi Chengming,

In mm/slub.c, you had defined slab_test_node_partial() to take a const
parameter.

Is there any point of taking in a const, when you are anyways typecasting it

a (struct folio *) from (const struct folio *) ? In fact, at the place where
you call

slab_test_node_partial(), the struct slab *slab is not const.
I have a patch to fix this; hang on a second ...