Re: Regression, thermal: core: battery reading wrong after wake from S3 [Was: Bug Report according to thermal_core.c]

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Mon Jun 03 2024 - 14:38:58 EST

On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 1:10 PM fhortner@xxxxxxxx <fhortner@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Thorsten for the side note.
>
> I have compiled kernel 6.8.11 with reverted commit
> 5a5efdaffda5d23717d9117cf36cda9eafcf2fae.
>
> Battery Status works fine now with reverted commit after S3 Sleep and
> Wake cycles.

Well, the connection between the battery status and the resume of
thermal zones is somewhat unclear to me at the moment.

Most likely, the commit in question changes the timing of system
resume which affects the battery behavior and it seems to be related
to the EC somehow.

Let's first see what thermal zones there are on your system, so please
send the output of

$ cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/type