Re: crosstool: x86 kernel compiled with GCC 14.1 fails to boot

From: Genes Lists
Date: Mon Jul 08 2024 - 17:49:11 EST

On Mon, 2024-07-08 at 21:03 +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 8, 2024, at 20:16, Kalle Valo wrote:
> > Hi Arnd,
> >
> > I installed GCC 14.1 from:
> >
> > https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_6
> > 4/14.1.0/
> >
> > But I have a problem that a kernel compiled with that compiler
> > fails to
> > boot on my x86 NUC test box. I don't see any errors, just black
> > screen

> Thanks for the report. Unfortunately I have no idea what the
> problem may be, and so far nobody else has reported this.

>      Arnd

Another data point in case it's helpful.

I  have been compiling on Archlinux using the native gcc 14.1 toolchain
since early May.

I have had no problems at all booting and running either stable or
mainline on several x86-64 machines including 2 NUCs.
One is NUC6i5SYB and the other is NUC10i5FNK.

Gene