Re: [GIT pull] irq/core for v6.11-rc1

From: Johan Hovold
Date: Mon Jul 15 2024 - 07:28:05 EST

On Sun, Jul 14, 2024 at 10:50:06PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Linus,
>
> please pull the latest irq/core branch from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git irq-core-2024-07-14
>
> up to: faf243d11659: Merge branch 'irq/msi' into irq/core
>
> Updates for the interrupt subsystem:

> - MSI
>
> - Switch ARM/ARM64 over to the modern per device MSI domains.
>
> This simplifies the handling of platform MSI and wire to MSI
> controllers and removes about 500 lines of legacy code.
>
> Aside of that it paves the way for ARM/ARM64 to utilize the dynamic
> allocation of PCI/MSI interrupts and to support the upcoming non
> standard IMS (Interrupt Message Store) mechanism on PCIe devices

This only showed up in linux-next last Friday and broke PCI/MSI
interrupts on Qualcomm machines like the Lenovo ThinkPad X13s as I just
reported here:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/ZpUFl4uMCT8YwkUE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

I have not had time to debug this further, but it may be worth holding
off on merging until we've taken a closer at look at the breakage.

Johan