Re: [GIT PULL] Btrfs updates for 6.11

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jul 17 2024 - 16:21:49 EST

On Mon, 15 Jul 2024 at 11:12, David Sterba <dsterba@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's a merge conflict caused by the latency fixes from last week in
> extent_map.c:btrfs_scan_inode(), related commits 4e660ca3a98d931809734
> and b3ebb9b7e92a928344a. Resolved in branch for-6.11-merged and that's
> been in linux-next for a few days.

Oh, and I notice that my resolution is slightly different, but looks
like the actual code is equivalent.

I kept the "q" logic that had been introduced by commit 4e660ca3a98d
("btrfs: use a regular rb_root instead of cached rb_root for
extent_map_tree").

I don't know how you prefer the code, but it kept the two "while
(node)" loops in that file looking similar.

Of course, they were very different in other respects (ie
drop_all_extent_maps_fast() does all extents unconditionally with that
retry logic, while btrfs_scan_inode() has that whole "bail out on any
contention" model, so whatever.

Anyway, it all *looks* ok to me, but please go and double-check that I
didn't mess something up.

Linus